Translate

February 18, 2012

It's raining, it's pouring, and this girl is running

Yesterday I was exhausted and didn't run my scheduled 6 miles.  I rested and drank lots of water in preparation for my run today.  I woke up early to make sure I had enough time to fuel up for the run.  In addition to my usual, I made a homemade juice with 1 beet, 5 small carrots, 1/2 large cucumber, and 2 small apples.


I knew it was going to be raining this morning, but I was not expecting what we actually had to run in.  It wasn't only raining.  It was very cold and windy.  I felt my thighs stinging from the very beginning, but the great company made the run tolerable.

We did run through a trail I had never run through before and it was beautiful.  I couldn't resist and stopped to take a picture.







 The trail led us to the water and I was able to get 2 pictures before heading back.


I didn't notice that on the way to the water we were going downhill, so obviously when we headed back to the main road we went up hill.  We made it though and once out of the trail we had roughly another 4.5 miles left.

We finished 12.25 miles in 2 hours and 9 minutes.  I had taken clothes to change into so I didn't have to drive home wet, but I just wanted to get in the shower.  I quickly got in my car and headed home.  As soon as I arrived home, I grabbed all my stuff and ran upstairs to get in the shower.  My clothes were soaked and a warm/hot shower was great.  At first my thighs were purple but as they warmed up they started lightening in color, resulting in a pink color.  Wind burn!  I couldn't find my thermal tights in the morning and just wore my capri tights.  Rest assured... next time, I will make sure I have my long tights.

My body was exhausted.  I could feel soreness everywhere, even my rib area.  I must have been so tense from the cold during that 2 hour run.  I made lunch:  a well deserved t-bone steak with rice, beans, and tomatoes, and have been resting since.  

Running in these conditions is tough, but after you just feel so accomplished and invincible.

I will most likely head out tomorrow for a run since I missed my run yesterday, so my week isn't yet over.

I wish you a great weekend.  I'll talk to y'all next week.

xoxo
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment