Translate

January 24, 2013

Detox without Starving


So my last post I mentioned that I had bought this tea.

I wanted to try it out and give it some time before I wrote a review because I wanted to see exactly how I would feel after drinking the tea consistently.

I am not one for starving myself or withholding from food in general.  The only time I will fast will be for spiritual reasons and there is lots of suffering in that for me because I love food.  With that being said, as I mentioned in the previous post, I felt I needed to detox after the holidays, but was not up for limiting my food to just fruits & veggies because I'm training for a marathon.  After hearing about dandelion tea and doing some research, I decided to give it a try. (details are in my previous post)

Side note: I discovered the tea in my local grocery store, Safeway, but have also recently seen it at Walmart.  I assume it's a pretty easy tea to find.  

The tea is made with dandelion & chicory (licorice) roots to help stimulate your liver's natural detoxification processes. It does smell and taste a lot like licorice, so be warned because I know that it's a very strong flavor and not one that may be liked by everyone.

The tea hits all the different possible taste buds with a complex blend of sweet, sour, bitter, pungent, & salty.  Now, before you cringe, it's not as bad as you may think.  You have to try it for yourself to really judge it.  I like adding some honey to my tea to sweeten it up and it helps with all the other areas you may not be fond of.


I have been drinking the tea 2 times a day (morning & evening) while continuing with my normal healthy eating habits.  Within a couple days I did feel the cleaning effects of the tea.



Not only did I hit the bathroom more than usual (I know, TMI ), but I felt lighter.  I'm not sure how to explain it, but I didn't feel as "heavy" in my stomach region.  Eventually, the bathroom resumed back to normal, but can tell I was reset and back to a normal schedule...if you know what I mean.

Side note: This tea is not a laxative.

When going through a detox, one of the primary things we are trying to accomplish is to detoxify the liver so that it performs as it should.  The liver has a few functions which include detoxification, protein synthesis, glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, hormone production, and production of biochemicals which are necessary for digestion. All of these functions play a role in how our body interacts with food and in essence weight gain.  So, it makes sense that having a clean and healthy liver can only help us with our efforts in achieving a healthy lifestyle.

I believe I was able to achieve a detoxification of the liver without having to starve myself or without needing to abstain from certain foods.  I feel lighter and can honestly say...cleaner.  Now, keep in mind that I generally am a healthy eater, but the "clean" feeling only came after I started drinking the tea.

If you are looking for something you can do in addition to what you are doing now to help detox your body, I highly recommend this tea. 

Side Note: Make sure you follow the directions on how to properly brew.

Until the next time, have a great one...

No comments:

Post a Comment