Translate

January 3, 2012

2012 Grand Re-Opening


Welcome to
Andi's Running Adventures Blog

2011 brought me and my family many exciting adventures...and they sure did keep up busy.  Now that 2012 is here and I have a goal to run an ultra marathon this Summer, I think it's time I start blogging again.

Exactly 1 year ago I was in the process of moving to North Carolina.  The first time I had moved away, not just from my home state of New Jersey, but also from my childhood home.  It was a new state, a new home, new furniture, and the best of all great new friends.  NC also brought me a great new running club called Fayetteville Running Club.  The first running community I was actively involved with. I did love it in NC, but the one thing that is always constant is change.

September rolled around and it was time to head to our first duty station, Fort Lewis, WA.  Yes, I was heading to the opposite side of the country, where the weather is wetter and no one I knew was around.  Moving to Washington was scary, yet exciting.  The best part of WA was all the outdoor activities and the cooler weather for my running endeavors.  Washington brought me an awesome running community called Wear Blue:Run to Remember. (www.wearblueruntoremember.org)  As I went through my first deployment, Wear Blue helped me in so many ways.  They are not just a running club...they are a community.  Washington will be our home for about the next 2 years so it was time to start planning my next great adventure.

Lisa Hallet, co-founder & CEO of Wear Blue:Run to Remember, ran the first CPT John L Hallett III Ultra in 2011 (which included the San Francisco Marathon) and is planning the 2012 ultra.  I was contemplating taking on the challenge, but was not sure if it was something I was going to commit to.  One day when going through my Seattle Half Marathon goodie bag, I came across an advertisement for the San Francisco marathon and the date just jumped out at me...July 29, 2012.  Realizing that the ultra was the same date as my birthday was confirmation that 2012 would be the year I would conquer an ultra marathon.

Here we are.  2012 is here and I am so excited & nervous; not just about the race itself, but the training.  This will require lots of time, energy, perseverance, & determination.  It will not be easy, but "I don't need easy, I just need possible" - Soul Surfer.  

There are many miles spent alone on the road, but it doesn't mean I can't share it with you.  I'm not sure how often I will update the blog because I do have a full time job, a husband, and 2 daughters to take care of - oh - and let's not forget all the time I will spend running, but I will update as often as I can.

This is not meant to inspire you to run marathons or even to become a runner.  But it's to inspire you to dream big and know that there is nothing impossible when you give it all you got and believe that God will do what you can't.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you.  If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comment section or visit my facebook and send me a message. My Facebook Page

Happy runnings.
Andi D.
"I don't need easy, I just need possible"





1 comment: